Friday, September 16, 2016

Senator Dianne Feinstein and Jim Patterson on S. 2531 Combating BDS Act of 2016


Dear Mr. Patterson:

Thank you for writing regarding your thoughts on the boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) movement.  I appreciate the time you took to write, and I welcome the opportunity to respond. 
              
I understand you have concerns regarding the BDS movement and the United States’ relationship with Israel.  Please know that I share your support for strong U.S.-Israel relations.  Throughout my years of public service, I have had the opportunity to see firsthand the strength of the American-Israeli relationship, one based on shared values of democracy, human rights, and the rule of law.
              
I understand that you support the “Combating BDS Act of 2016” (S. 2531), which was introduced by Senator Mark Kirk (R-IL).  As you may know, this bill would allow local and state governments to withdraw their assets from, or prohibit investment in, an entity that is boycotting, divesting, or sanctioning Israel.  S. 2531 is currently pending in the Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Committee, of which I am not a member. 

Please be assured that I have taken careful note of your views, and I will keep your concerns about the threat of economic boycotts targeting Israel in mind should S. 2531 or related legislation come before the Senate in the coming months.  

Once again, thank you for writing.  I hope that you will continue to keep me informed about issues of importance to you.  Should you have any further comments or questions, please feel free to contact my Washington, D.C., office at (202) 224-3841 or visit my website at www.feinstein.senate.gov.  Best regards.


Sincerely yours,


  Dianne Feinstein
         United States Senator

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the nation are available at my website,feinstein.senate.gov. And please visit my YouTubeFacebook and Twitter for more ways to communicate with me.

Jim Patterson Note: States, including New York, have taken a strong position regarding companies that participate in this economic terrorism against Israel. Please read the Combating BDS Act of 2016 and determine if you can support this legislation. It is an important complement to the US Israel defense program.

No comments:

Post a Comment